The Sexual Diversity Coalition offers training and workshops on sexual diversity, issues faced by LGBT people and the adaptation of services. Our workshops are provided by our allied members and professionals from different backgrounds. The testimonial portion is provided by individuals from the LGBT community and by the Coalition members. Please note that our workshops are available throughout the region.
If you have a specific need, do not hesitate to contact us, we will be able to adapt our workshops and training to your needs.
Note that we will contact you when we formed groups of at least 10 persons.
Here is a workshop for everyone if you want to understand better. You want to clarify the notions of sexual orientation and gender identity as well as the attitudes that favor the inclusion of LGBT people? This workshop will meet your needs!
Following this workshop participants will be able to:
Better understand the terminology related to sexual orientation and gender identity;
Understand the issues and challenges faced by LGBT people;
Understand the impacts of homophobia and transphobia;
Develop positive attitudes towards sexual diversity.
Duration: 2h00 or 4h00
Over the last few months, the media address the transgender issue on a regular basis. Transgender people are becoming more visible and despite the appearance of acceptance in the general population, many issues are not resolved. The adaptation of health and social services is evolving. This workshop is offered in two formats.
The two-hour format aims at the achievement of the following objectives:
- Better understand the terminology related to sexual orientation and gender identity;
- • Understand the issues and challenges faced by LGBT people in the workplace;
- Learn about the legal aspects related to homophobia and transphobia in the workplace;
- Develop inclusive practices.
The four-hour format allows further development. This format is intended for those who wish to develop good practices to include a transgender person. This can be either an employee in transition, a school student, a youth in a youth center, or a transgender woman in a center for abused women. In addition to the content presented above, we offer a two-hour consultation service designed to promote the inclusion of a transgender person in your community.
To request this workshop, please fill out the following form:
Duration: 1h00 to 1h30
With a focus on awareness and prevention
Bullying is a societal issue with serious and multiple social, economic and human consequences. 69% of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) students have experienced homophobia or gender-based harassment and 35.4% of heterosexual students are subject to homophobia because they do not correspond to gender stereotypes.
The format aims at the achievement of the following objectives:
- Promote respect for sexual diversity through activities that raise awareness about discriminatory words, gestures and behaviors such as bullying and the resulting consequences.
- Promote dialogue and stimulate reflection on sexual, homophobic and transphobic bullying.
- Present intervention and awareness tools.
The training discusses the following topics:
- Demystify bullying;
- Define sexual, homophobic and transphobic bullying;
- Forms of bullying;
- The consequences of bullying;
- Sings that a person is being bullied;
- Resilience factors;
- Understand sexual diversity and gender identity;
A person of sexual diversity uses her experience to deconstruct stereotypes related to homophobia and transphobia. She shares her life experiences and answers participants’ questions. It’s a human way to better understand sexual diversity.
The format aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Foster openness and dialogue around sexual diversity
- Better understand the issues faced by people of sexual diversity
- Raise awareness among groups of people, young people and students
- Provide positive and inspiring role models for local youth
It addresses the following topics:
- The stages of coming out
- Issues faced by people of sexual diversity
- Resilience factors
- Understanding sexual diversity and gender identity
- Send a message of hope for young people of sexual diversity